?

?

Monday, October 3, 2016

Down 30 lbs and exhausted













We have been incredibly busy. We are going Barndominium style with exposed ibeams, spiral ducts, 100 year old ship lap for stair kick plates, old mule tie off posts, old barn tin, old doors jointed together on rollers, old hardware and tack, gas pipe railings, and anything else I can gather as free building materials. The storage room is almost done, with a much nicer workspace to work on these than I had in the old Backyarder Camp.


We are living the creative living space dream. This is a once in a lifetime chance to build our dream home. It's has been a lot of work but this baby is well worth the pains. The house should be done in about 100 days. I hope you are all doing well for yourselves. We are darn sure trying to. Take care y'all.

8 comments:

Phil said...

Jaysus!
No freakin' wonder you been so quiet.
Ya do nice work though!

B said...

I'm jealous.

About the rifle, I mean....

Whose stock?

Stackz O Magz said...

Precision Adjustable Stock, Archangel branded along with Springfield Armory on the other side. That way people know you didn't take a Standard model and throw it in an archangel stock and call it a Loaded. Thanks B.

Stackz O Magz said...

Thanks Phil. You would not believe the wood I've reclaimed. For free! East Texas is littered with old barns and old farm houses. I hauled out 30 pieces of 20 ft ship lap today and 3 more old doors. The beams under this old barn are 20 ft 8x6's that are in unreal condition. I sent a friend of mine a gallon of my strawberry blonde and he did me a solid by giving me the nod to hit this barn up and take whatever I wanted. Hand axed beams are a sight to behold man. So much history in this place I'm pulling from.

MattB said...

Wow really looks good! and looks like lots of work! No wonder you have been absent from the blog. Keep up the hard work and get it done. Congrats on all your accomplishments.

Glen Filthie said...

Good to hear Stackz!

Looks like a fine start for a young man!!!! Post more pics when you have the time!

North Texan said...

Lookin good Stax.

skybill said...

Hi Stax'!!,
Blue skies, Brother...Your work is "Beautiful!' Keep us posted!! You have "Inspired me!!"
skybill-out...for now