?

?

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

First post of 2018


Hello to you all. 

We are still alive and kicking. Many things have come and gone since my last transmission to you. We closed out 2017 with great success in our lives, business, and family. Things are looking great for this year's forecast.

We learned in January that our youngest child is a Type 1 Diabetic. She inherited it from my great grandmother Elsie. My daughter is the only one in our huge family that is alive with Type 1 Diabetes. My daughter was sick all through her Christmas break from school. We knew she was prone to ear infections and sinus crap like most of us that live under the ever changing weather of East Texas. So, we took her to the clinic down the road like we have many times. Doctor says "Yep, she's got a double ear infection, we gave her a steroid and a shot of Rocephin, she should be feeling better tomorrow." Tomorrow comes and she's worse. Like a lot worse. So we take her in to a local ER at the hospital. The nurse says to my wife "Why didn't you tell us that your daughter is a Diabetic?" Uhhhh what? Excuse me? Her blood sugar was at 1300 and rising. They immediately dispatched a life flight jet from Houston to pick her up in  Nacogdoches to return to Houston to take her to Texas Children's Hospital. I am so thankful for professional and highly trained medical staff. You guys that do these types of jobs have a fan here in me, best believe. The employees at Texas Children's Hospital are abso-fucking-lutely amazing!! 

So yeah, we found out only after we had to take her to the ER because she was damn near unresponsive and very lethargic acting. Now that we've had time to process all of that, and learned to take very good care of her too I might add, I realize that I did notice her acting funny for a few days prior to us taking her to the clinic doctor. She was very thirsty, very hungry, losing weight, talking gibberish at times, had sunken eyes, circles under her eyes, just did not feel and look like my vibrant and very busy little girl at all. I felt bad after her diagnosis and her few days of suffering because as a parent, I should have known that she was in bad shape and on the verge of a diabetic coma. Our doctors at Texas Childrens Hospital in Houston assured me that I shouldn't feel guilty because we didn't know what was going on with her, only that she wasn't feeling well, like most kids feel when they are sick. Okay Doc, I'll take that.. We've got her leveled out now. She doesn't want the pump or the dexcon yet so we are still giving injections 4 times a day and checking sugar with glucose strips and a meter the old fashioned way.

This has brought us closer as a family, I can say that. My child understands that it will be this way for the rest of her life, she's not scared to talk about being a Type 1, and she loves the fact that she can eat all of the meat, eggs, and cheese she wants!! 

We've got other happenings going on as well around here. We are about to sell our house. I know, I know, we just built it... The Little Smoking Hot Barefoot Gardening Squaw and myself would like some acreage to raise some cattle, pigs, bees, and chickens. I figure we can at least pick up 10-15 acres to give us just that to live on and build on. I want a shooting range, a barn for my livestock to live in, plenty of graze patch for them, and more quiet country nights in our lives. 

I'm will be headed to Oregon for business soon. There's a cash Tsunami in Cannabis monies out there right now and I've got my board waxed up. I plan on getting my share of it come hell or high water.  I'm all over it y'all. Say what you want about Medical Marijuana. If you are a true lover of freedom and liberty, you don't give a fuck what anyone puts in their body. I'll leave it at that.

Be good to one another until I get back. 

lt doesn't cost anything to be nice, so some of you cheap fucks should be acting like Mother Teresa.




2 comments:

Glen Filthie said...

Good to hear from ya Stacks. Glad to hear the little one is okay.

evilmuttdog said...

Yes, Diabetes is hereditary. My mother (77yrs)has been type 1 since she was ten. I contracted due to scarlet fever and chick pox within 2-4 yrs of each other. Mom had to boil syringes and needles when she diagnosed.
My advice 1 stay on diet, 2 Stay on diet Hydrate. due to my idiocy i lost my kidneys at 41. Transplants kidney and pancreas. There are a lot more options now then back then an certainly when my mom started.
Who knows, in your lifetime they may perfect the growing of a new pancreas for u.Remember YANA--You Are Not Alone in this. when u have a low sugar incident remember what it felt like before. Everyone's precursors are different. Good luck and God bless.