?

?

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

St. Landry Sheriff’s Capt. Clay Higgins, popular for Crime Stoppers segments, resigns: 'I'd die rather than sacrifice my principles'



Clay Higgins, the St. Landry Parish sheriff’s captain who gained viral fame online through his weekly Crime Stoppers segments, announced his immediate resignation on Monday.

Higgins announced his departure on the steps of the St. Landry Parish courthouse and posted a video of the news event to the “Capt. Clay Higgins Gear” Facebook page, a social media outlet for the merchandise venture he began during his course as the lauded television lawman.

“I was not forced to resign. The sheriff didn’t ask for my resignation. Rather, I’ve turned in my badge as a matter of conscience,” Higgins said, wearing civilian clothes and a cowboy hat.

“I would die rather than sacrifice my principles. I would leave my wife without a husband, my children without a daddy, rather than kneel to the very forces of evil that I have so long stood against,” he said.

For the little more than the year he held the role, Higgins’ persona as St. Landry Sheriff’s Office spokesman has sparked positive responses from Acadiana-area television viewers and Internet users from around the world, with his videos clocking in millions of YouTube hits and earning him speaking engagements, advertising work and his own line of merchandise.

Read the rest here 

*****************************************************************************

So, he calls out scumbag gang bangers and his boss couldn't handle it. I can appreciate a man of principle. Stick to your guns...

No comments: