?

?

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Putin’s Plot to Get Texas to Secede



Nathan Smith, who styles himself the “foreign minister” for the Texas Nationalist Movement, appeared last Spring at a far-right confab in St. Petersburg, Russia. Despite roaming around in his cowboy hat, Smith managed to keep a low-key presence at the conference, which was dominated by fascists and neo-Nazis railing against Western decadence. But at least one Russian newspaper, Vzglyad, caught up with the American, noted that TNM is “hardly a marginal group,”and quoted Smith liberally on the excellent prospects for a partial breakup of the United States. Smith declared that the Texas National Movement has 250,000 supporters—including all the Texans currently serving in the U.S. Army—and they all “identify themselves first and foremost as Texans” but are being forced to remain Americans.  The United States, he added, “is not a democracy, but a dictatorship.”  The Kremlin’s famed troll farms took the interview and ran with it, with dozens of bots instantly tweeting about a “Free Texas.”


************************************************************************************************************

If you think that Uncle Sam would let Texas leave the Union and secede on their own terms, you're high right now. This piece of prime real estate we call Texas is way too valuable to the power brokers to let go of without a fight. That's the way it is. Together we stand, divided we fall, and we are picking up speed at a rapid pace. Some say we've hit terminal velocity. I don't think we are quite there yet, but it wouldn't take much more to get there. This is why I'll never leave her for another state again in my life if I don't have to. I was born and raised here, and to the Texas dust one day I shall return. I love America, but Texas is my home. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Texas too, though I really wish we had more winter time down here in the RGV, hard up against the Texas / Mexico border. I worry that my kids will not get to see the Texas I grew up in - everything here has changed drastically!