?

?

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Strawberry Blonde



So I made my first batch of wine a while back.

I got the recipe from Israel at http://thesteelibeam.blogspot.com/  /  http://thesteelibeam.blogspot.com/2013/11/bartering-bubble-bubble-toil-and-trouble.html. If you don't go there and read, you should... Because he kicks ass. I followed his recipe to the letter except for adding in the Di-ammonium Phosphate on day 6. I didn't need to add it as it turns out, because this stuff is the nectar of the Gods and plenty strong for me and my roadies. I took a refrigerated half gallon for a spin this past Saturday night at a crawfish boil and she was the Belle of the Ball! Check out how my Strawberry Blonde came out. The blonde comes from the Golden Raisins and well, the Red comes from... Do I really need to keep going?











Cheers !!!


4 comments:

The Steel Ibeam said...

Nice color Stackz! What yeast did you use just out of curiosity? Thanks for the hat tip.

In Liberty,
Israel
III

Stackz O Magz said...

I used Lalvin EC-1118, 5g dry, warm wetted to start it up.

http://www.lalvinyeast.com/EC1118.asp

I'm impressed with it.

And I'll always give credit where it's due!

The Steel Ibeam said...

My first batch I used that yeast. I now play in the big leagues. Get WLP099 yeast and your alcohol content will be 20 - 25%! Make more, drink less as its effects are a little faster at impeding your speech center.
In Liberty,
Israel
III

Stackz O Magz said...

Israel, I'd be up for trying that WLP099 when I do a batch for my own private consumption. Not everybody can handle the parts cleaner grade drink like us... Ha!