?

?

Saturday, May 17, 2014

To see it start to take off...

What a difference two weeks makes! We changed our setup a bit this year to allow for more growth rather than overcrowding. Last years plot turned out incredibly thick and the tomatoes eventually hit about 6.5 feet and were too heavy. This led to 4 plants breaking their big vines and eventually dying as the result. Note taken...


We use a little something special called Maxicrop Seaweed Liquid that the plants absolutely love. I suggest you give it a try if you can find some. You'll see in the last pic that it grows really huge plants from the nutrients in it that are collected from the Norwegian Coastline. This is where mineral rich mountain waters, the Gulf Stream, and the Arctic waters come together to produce the perfect conditions to Ascophyllum Nodusum seaweed. It's awesome stuff!



Here's last years beginning and end pics. It got a little out of control, but man did we turn some veggies out!



Whoa Nelly! I wish you guys all the best in your crops this year. 

Send me pics of your plot and I'll do a post for you.

5 comments:

stevierayv said...

Nice I like gardening pics.It don't matter what it looks like as long as you get chow.That's what I tell myself anyways.

Critter said...

I like that cucumber frame.

Stackz O Magz said...

Thanks Critter. Just a 2x4 frame with chicken wire. It holds those cucs just fine....

Stackz O Magz said...

Thank you StevieRay. I agree, it don't have to be pretty to fill that belly son..

Critter said...

That's a better idea than the one I had for this year. My backyard projects tend to get too complex.