?

?

Friday, October 17, 2014

Parts shopping



I'm finally getting around to finishing a build I've been working on for the last year or so. I was sitting down having a conversation the other night with my smokin' hot little barefoot gardening squaw and she says to me  "I need to go to the range with you, you know...you take your boys but I never get to go and it be just me and you. I want to be able to do what you do with a rifle when you need me to do it. I'm going to be the one with you when it matters, not your boys.." Okay okay... Don't twist my arm lady! Point taken. I'll finish this rifle build and let you run it to spit as much venom as you think need to baby. I'm not putting any pink shit on it though, so don't even ask. This is obviously important to her at this time because she brought it up. When you have an Alpha female supporting you in all of your Alpha caveman endeavors it's important that you support her right back when she says she wants to go shoot with you. My current high speed impalement device of choice it a bit too heavy for her so this should serve her well.


So far I have assembled a Spikes lower to a BCM Upper, stage 2 RRA trigger pack, Magpul milspec OD CTR stock, Magpul MOE-K2 OD pistol grip, low pro block, YHM Phantom hider, KNS Pin kit, Badger Ordinance charging handle with ambi tac-latch, Spikes milspec 6 pos carbine buffer kit. 

I am looking around today for a 15" light rail to shroud the block. Key mod or slotted with QD swivel holes would be good. I still need a barrel too. Been looking around at Classic Firearms. They've got a nice selection of fluted HBARs in 16" I'm digging. I also need a damn BCG. Going Nickel Boron this time. 

Almost there... 

Don't need any magazines for her kit. I've got Stackz of them. :)




2 comments:

Paul, Dammit! said...

I find being married to an alpha female to be a real challenge at times. The bedroom door at my old place had stab marks from our first major fight. Stab marks.

Critter said...

Primary Arms has some Radical Firearms barrels that are Much better than they should be at that price point. They also have some of those nickle boron bcg's.