?

?

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pulp Fiction: 20 fun facts as the film turns 20


CNN) -- Quoting Ezekiel 25:17 from "Pulp Fiction" will likely get you laughed out of Sunday school class.

That's because the Bible verse, as recited by Samuel L. Jackson's character, Jules Winnfield, doesn't actually exist.

In the film, Winnfield speaks these words to people before he kills them: "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

The actual Bible verse says, "I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the Lord, when I take vengeance on them.'"

Story here

*********************************************************************************************************

This is one of my all time favorites. Nobody does movies like Tarantino. It's a cult following of sorts... Reservoir Dogs is his best work, I think. 

Let's go to work...


No comments: