?

?

Thursday, October 30, 2014

And this one time, at pistol camp...



It went a little something like this : 

Dude: Stackz, Man I have this pistol I need you to look at.

Me: Oh yeah? What's wrong with it?

Dude: Well, it won't load from the magazine and I have to manually drop rounds into the chamber. And I think there may be something wrong with the firing pin. It feels like it doesn't want to shoot sometimes.

Me: Yeah son, that's no bueno por caca. 

Me: When's the last time you cleaned it?

Dude: Never, I don't even know how to take it apart.

Me: Eye twitch begins

Dude: Can I bring it by and have you take a look at it?

Me: Yeah man, come on...


So I break this fucking boat anchor down to start inspecting.  I like a good thorough strip even if it doesn't need it because a lot of times I end up finding more problems.



Okay, before the Hi-Point haters show up and start talking shit, remember that not everybody has the means to afford higher end manufacturers of high speed impalement devices. As ugly and as heavy as these pistols are, they still serve their purpose if that's all you got or you need to club a fucking baby seal to death.

Pretty sure I found his problem. Some people's kids...



Basic Information

Name: Carbon
Symbol: C
Atomic Number: 6
Atomic Mass: 12.0107 amu
Melting Point: 3500.0 °C (3773.15 K, 6332.0 °F)
Boiling Point: 4827.0 °C (5100.15 K, 8720.6 °F)
Number of Protons/Electrons: 6
Number of Neutrons: 6
Classification: Non-metal
Crystal Structure: Hexagonal
Density @ 293 K: 2.62 g/cm3
Color: May be black


Clean your damn weapons people.


And I also noticed this:


Which should look like this below, a solid piece of buffer spring plastic instead of the two pieces above. It looks like a piece of Bic pen to me.


I cleaned up his feed ramp to reveal that shiny and smooth polished shit that lead likes to glide up against as it goes into the chamber. Instead of putting it all back together I advised him of Hi-Point's policy on repairs. He took full advantage of it, sent it in unassembled for a new firing pin spring buffer Bic pen looking thingy and they sent it back to him all nice, neat, and put back together, with a new magazine. Can't beat that with a stick. He said it fired like the day he got it from then on. I'd imagine it did, without a 1/16th's worth of buildup on the ramp this time.

I try to help out where and when I can for my friends. I love most of em' to death, but some of em', I find it hard to believe that their mama didn't hittem' in the head with a hammer as youngins' and raise a hog on the breast milk.  

Take care of your people.

 




2 comments:

c w swanson said...

Without you, that guy would be up a creek. You're the paddle that got him home. Your doing God's work here. Now, if the dude would just learn to clean his gun….

Stackz O Magz said...

C W, I'm just a simple dude trying to look out for people from time to time. Remember, safety 3rd...